Trying to meditate, but finding it hard to settle?
AS FEATURED IN
Hi, I’m Henry Shukman, guiding teacher at Mountain Cloud Zen Center, and originator of the Original Love meditation program.
My desire with this project is to help people access the deep wisdom and healing power of meditation – and the love for self and others that results from a successful meditation practice.
I produced this 4-video series to introduce you to the foundations of a thriving and successful meditation practice.
You’re in the right place if…
- You know that your meditation practice could go much further and deeper
- You want direct guidance from a teacher with decades of training and experience
- You want to increase your ability to experience love for yourself and others
- You’re interested in this human potential called “spiritual awakening”
I feel like Henry is one of the best teachers out there. He has the goods and he delivers the goods. Henry is comforting, relevant, and interesting. I like the way that he is casual and down to earth while simultaneously teaching some pretty important things for personal well-being, happiness, and true peace. Henry’s teachings are pure, refined by the heart of his understanding and deep experience. It makes a difference when these teachings are shared by someone whose actions come from their true heart.
Why is meditation so important?
When practiced over time, and with good training and support, meditation has profound benefits:
- Open up more self-love
- Open our heart to others
- Help transform and heal difficult emotions and trauma
- Be more present and alive in every moment
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Relax mind and body
- Lessen feelings of worry, regret, anger and irritation
- Improve decision making and executive functioning
- Quickly notice when thoughts and emotions take you away from the present